Hemp is a plant that is used in medicine, textiles, construction, food processing and other industries. Hemp contains large amounts of cannabinoids, including tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), which has psychoactive properties and can cause euphoria. In addition, cannabis contains many nutrients such as proteins, fats, vitamins and minerals. It is one of the most universal and useful plants on the planet.
But it is worth paying attention to the fact that hemp seeds contain a small amount of THC (tetrahydrocannabinol), which is a psychoactive substance that causes euphoria. Therefore, before using cannabis seeds, make sure that they are not an illegal product in your country or region. Because of its high THC content, cannabis is illegal in many countries around the world.
Types of cannabis
- industrial hemp – used for textiles, paper, oil, animal feed, and other industrial purposes. It contains little tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), which is a psychoactive substance that causes euphoria.
- Medical cannabis – used in medicine to treat various ailments such as pain, cramps, inflammation, depression, anxiety and others. It contains large amounts of THC and cannabidiol (CBD), which have medicinal properties.
- Recreational cannabis – used for euphoric and relaxing effects. It contains high amounts of THC and low amounts of CBD.
- Sports cannabis – used in sports to increase endurance and reduce pain. It contains high amounts of CBD and low amounts of THC.
Hemp is grown for a variety of purposes, including seeds. Hemp seeds have many health benefits and are widely used in cooking, medicine, cosmetology, and other industries. Hemp seeds are rich in proteins, fatty acids, vitamins and minerals. They contain all 20 amino acids, including all 9 essential to the human body. In addition, hemp seeds are a source of beta-carotene, vitamin E, iron, calcium, magnesium and zinc.
Other benefits of hemp seeds include:
- Improved digestion and metabolism;
- reduction of cholesterol levels and risk of cardiovascular diseases;
- Strengthen the immune system;
- Reducing inflammation and pain;
- Improvement of skin and hair health.
Hemp seeds are used to make many dishes including salads, porridges, breads, cookies and desserts. They are also added to smoothies, smoothies and other drinks. In addition, hemp seeds are used to make oils, creams and lotions for skin and hair care.
The most popular hemp seeds
- Hemp Seeds without the shell (Flaked)
- Hemp Seeds with Hemp Seeds Hulled (Unhulled)
- Hemp seeds with the addition of other seeds (chia, flax, sunflower seeds)
- Hemp seeds for growing plants
- Hemp seeds for oil or protein production
- Low THC hemp seeds for use in cooking.
Hemp farming equipment and machinery
Like any other crop, hemp requires certain techniques and tools for effective cultivation. Some of these are listed below:
- Plows and cultivators – for tilling the soil before sowing.
- Seeders – to distribute seeds evenly over the soil.
- Irrigation systems – to ensure sufficient soil moisture levels.
- Fertilizers – to improve soil nutrients and increase yields.
- Trimmers – to remove leaves and branches that interfere with flower collection.
- Harvesting machines – to pick and clean the flowers from leaves and branches.
- Dryers – for drying harvested crops.
- Hemp processing machines – to extract oil and other products from the plant.
- Hemp paper machines – to process the stems of the plant into paper. These are just some of the tools and techniques used in hemp cultivation. Each grower chooses the ones that are most effective for their particular conditions and needs.
Hemp is a versatile crop, and its products can be used for a variety of purposes, including food, medical, textile and industrial.
Some cannabis products that can be used for food include:
- Hemp seeds are a rich source of protein, fatty acids and vitamins and are used in salads, porridge, smoothies and other dishes.
- Hemp oil – contains fatty acids, vitamins and antioxidants, used in cooking and as a health food supplement.
- Hemp Protein – a high-protein product derived from the seeds, used in bars, drinks and other products for athletes.
- Hemp Milk – plant drink derived from hemp seeds, contains protein, fatty acids and vitamins, used as a replacement for animal milk.
- Hemp tea – contains cannabinoids that can help relieve stress and improve mood.
- Hemp honey – contains phytonutrients and antioxidants and has a mild taste and aroma of hemp.
Hemp can also be used to make hair and skin oil, ointments and creams for skin care, as well as building materials, paper and textiles.